Translate

Friday, January 22, 2016

Abuela's Garden by Ingrid



One thing I like about summer is that my birthday is in summer. I like to swim in the summer and so does my dog. When I go inside and come out my dog is already in the swimming pool.

The second thing I love about summer is to help my mom and my Abuela (Grandma) with the garden. In the summer, we always grow new flowers. Some of the flowers are purple, pink, yellow, and my favorites are Daisies.

The garden is at my Abuela’s house. We also grow cucumbers, tomatoes, and chilies. I like to do gymnastics in my Abuela’s garden. I love to practice. It’s fun and peaceful fun.
When I go outside in the spring and summer, it smells like fresh flowers and I enjoy the relaxing smells of nature. That’s what I like about summer.

3 comments:

  1. Ingrid,

    I love the Spring time because everything is coming to life again. I love to smell the flowers as well.

    In my family, we love to plant a garden, too. We plant green beans, corn, squash, tomatoes, peppers of all kinds, and sugar snap peas. We even plant sweet potatoes because they are my favorite.

    I like to spend time outside just smelling the wonderful smells of the seasons. I do like Autumn because of the brilliant colors of the leaves and I love the snow in the winter. However, I am ALWAYS ready for Spring and the new beginnings.

    Oh yeah, we have a pug and his name is Pickles! He hates the water but will role in the mud any time he can. He loves to be outside too.

    DO you like anything about the other seasons?

    Mikelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mikelle,

    My second favorite season is fall because I love to jump in the pile of leaves when my dad and mom rake them. I love to help other senior citizens. I rake their leaves for them just for $5.

    Sincerely,
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingrid,

    It is admirable that you help the senior citizens with their leaves. It is an honor to give of your time. I know they really appreciate your help too. We help our neighbors with many things also. They always say thank you.

    One thing I like about winter is sledding. I love the toboggans because you can have a lot of people sledding at the same time. It also makes the sled go faster! This year where I live though we do not have a lot of snow so I have not been able to sled yet.

    One last thing about winter, I get to catch up on all the good books because I like to sit in front of the fire place and read. I also like a warm cup of hot chocolate to go with it.

    Do you like to read? If you do, what kind of books do you like to read?

    I like mysteries!

    Sincerely,

    Mikelle

    ReplyDelete

All comments and posts are moderated to ensure that the safety and privacy of all student participants is maintained. In addition, comments may be moderated for appropriateness in order to help maintain the educational aspects of this forum.